Shipping, Warranty & Returns
All orders are exclusively shipped via USPS (United States Postal Service) Priority Mail in the U.S.A., and your choice of either USPS Express Mail or DHL Express Worldwide for all international destinations.
Orders are generally processed the same day they are received and usually ship out within 1 - 2 business days, although sometimes we can get em out same day!
We will always send you an email notifying that your order has shipped, and it'll have all your tracking info included as well. :)
Sometimes, spam filters send shipping notices to the junk mail folder. I wish I knew why, but you may give your junk mail folder a check if a few days have passed since you placed your order and you haven't received your shipping notice.
Export/International Shipping (Outside the USA):PLEASE NOTE:
ALL INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CUSTOMS/IMPORT/VAT FEES AS DETERMINED BY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT!
ALL CUSTOMS DOCUMENTATION REFLECT ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE OF GOODS SHIPPED. MISREPRESENTATION OF VALUE IS FRAUD!
We currently offer USPS Express Mail or DHL Worldwide Express for all international shipments.
International shipping rates are calculated by the courier at the time of checkout, and are displayed for your selection.
Typical time in transit is 3 - 5 business days for USPS Express, and 1 - 3 business days for DHL.
Sometimes, delivery is even faster!
Tracking is emailed to the email address provided at the time of shipment, and every international order is insured to a minimum of $200.00USD.
Please note: It can take up to 36 hours for your tracking information to propagate through the online tracking systems and show you exactly where your order is.
To determine if we can ship to your country, simply check to see if your country is listed during the your checkout and shipping process. We make it simple for you. :)
If your country is not listed as an available shipping option, please visit our Retailers page to find a retailer in or near your country. If your local guitar shop doesn't carry Mr. Black, insist that they do! We'll all be so much happier. :)
All Mr. Black pedals are guaranteed to be free from manufacturer defect for a minimum of 1 year from the date of purchase for the original purchasing agent ONLY. After that, should they ever malfunction, we can fix em for ya for a nominal bench fee & factory service refreshes your warranty!!
-Do not attempt to service or repair any Mr. Black pedal which is under warranty. Any service performed outside of our factory will void your warranty!
-Please be careful when purchasing "barely used" pedals from Reverb, eBay, or Craigslist as used pedals are no longer covered by our factory warranty.
-Any modification to a pedal voids our warranty entirely.
-Disassembly of any pedal, beyond battery service/replacement, will void your warranty!
-We cannot service pedals that have been heavily modified (e.g. re-housed, extra switches added, etc.).
All Mini-pedals are sealed at the factory and have no user-serviceable parts inside.
Dissecting, opening up your mini-pedal up, or removing its backing plate will void your warranty!
Items Covered by Warranty
Items Not Covered by Warranty
Troubleshooting and things to check first:
- If you choose to use a battery, is there a FRESH, BRAND-NEW 9V battery in the pedal?
We recommend Duracell brand 9V batteries for optimum performance. For most of our pedals, expect about 150 minutes of operation from a brand-new quality 9V battery.
- If powered by a power supply, is the power supply a 2.1mm REGULATED 9VDC power supply with a negative center pin capable of delivering at least 100mA?
- Have you tried a different/new power cable or outlet on your power supply?
- Have you tried a very simple effects chain (e.g. guitar --> pedal --> amp)?
- Have you tried swapping out cables?
- Have you tried a different guitar/amplifier?
- Have you tried a different physical location/building?
Typical warranty service time is 1 - 2 days, sometimes even same day.
We're a small pedal company, not a rental agency.
We are not a**holes though, and if your Mr. Black pedal just won't work for you, you can return your pedal within seven days of purchase/delivery in its original packaging for a refund. Please read below:
- Due to many factors, a flat $25.00 restocking fee applies to each returned item.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Returned items must have been purchased from directly from us, and must have been delivered within the previous seven days.
- Returned items must be in "As-New" condition! Chips, scratches, stickers, applied velcro, missing knobs or anything that has changed since the pedal was brand new voids our return policy, but you can always flip it on the used market.
- Returned items must be in returned in their original, undamaged packaging, and must include all "case candy" (stickers, business cards, manuals, original shipping bag, etc.)
- An RMA# will be issued and must be referenced with return paperwork.
- All special editions, B-stock and clearance/sale item sales are FINAL!
Please contact us within seven days of purchase/delivery using the Contact Form if you have questions or would like to coordinate your return.
An RMA# must be issued to complete your return & a flat $25.00 restocking fee applies to each returned item.
Please allow up to 7 business days from the arrival date of your package for approval and processing of your return, although it usually only takes a day or two. Depending on method of payment, your refund will arrive in your account in 1 - 5 business days.